Friday, December 18, 2015

slow down my sweet child

Oh my goodness I miss my baby. No, she hasn't gone anywhere. But for the past month, Hadassah has been in her OWN crib in her room. Which I love. Also it sometimes gives me the sads.


Sleeping beauty, in my bed. Which she took over.
After seven months of sleepless cuddles with her.... Nursing, not nursing but being kept awake by her presence and grunts/coos, and more nursing. This went on all night every night. How I loathed it. How I adored it. Oh how it made me yawn during the day. Now I go into my bedroom to go to sleep and see my bed without her.

 
Nobody punched me in the eye. I'm just dead tired. 
Transferring her to the crib when she hit 7 months was a success. We both get more sleep this way, and it broke the night long cluster-feeding cycle. But, now we don't sleep together. I miss her perfect warm little body of sweetness next to me.
 
In her crib. An independent woman.
Already, the milestones of growing up and of time moving on are creeping up on me.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment