Sunday, August 20, 2017

It's been a year - and I'm Back!

Hello blog of last year. Anybody reading this? Well I can tell by looking at the "stats" bar that people from all over have read it. (I see you Norway - Sup!). We have been having lots of good 'ol summer fun in the country! Here are some reecent pics of my adorable children:





Where did I disappear to and why am I coming back to this blog? two questions both with multiple answers.

my last post was back in April of 2016. It is now August 2017. I had posted that I was flying to New Mexico  with my 3 little ones to see my mom. While I was down there, I got to see my grandpa, a quiet WWII hero. He was an amazing bomber pilot, and he was at Pearl Harbor. He was 95 years old when I flew down. A shut-in at that point, with all of his friends and my grandma dead, and just my mom caring for him. I was the only grandkid who stayed in touch and wrote him letters. He died while I was there, and that was really hard for me - much harder than I wouldve expected.

In a way it was a blessing - the timing was. he had fallen and broken his neck while I was there, which a 95 year old just cant recover from. My mom and aunt were there back and forth at the hospital, so dedicated. For some reason, he was in a coma speaking to no one for a few days, but he only spoke to me and we conversed. then he died. I couldn't have gone to the funeral if I hadn't already been down there.

That's not why I stopped blogging, but it was one reason. There was just a lot of things I needed to process over that summer. Then August hit and I went back to school! I had last been in school in 2009. I had gone for 4 years in my early twenties and was a few classes shy of my psychology degree.  I didnt need the income from an extra job, but I always told my dad I would graduate (before he died) so this loose end weighed heavily on me for years - to the point I would dream about it. I needed to go back and I knew it - plus I worked so hard for years for it anyway and it was nearly finished. So that also postponed making more blog posts. I did fall and spring semester. And let me tell you - that is tough with 3 little kids!




But I did it! I graduated a few months ago in May and now have my psychology diploma, with a focus on child psychology! The above pics were my graduation day, celebrating with my husband.

What threw a wrench in my schooling last year was....a surprise pregnancy! Yep, Im pregnant since January. Due in September. this was another huuuuuge surprise. We very much prevented it, as we did with my now two-year-old. We are calling this one "the immaculate conception". It will be my 4th baby in six years. sufficive to say, I'm apparently quite the fertile myrtle (two very prevented pregnancies in a row!) Here are more pictures from May:
\



Currently I am 35 weeks along with another girl. So this will make two boys and now two girls. Not our plan, but The Lord surely works in mysterious ways. What I wanted was to let my 2 year old be the baby for 3 to 5 years more. She is so sweet and clingy.


Also there is the fact that my husband and I do not have a good support system. We live far from our church and we don't have family help (grandparents).  Sometimes I am still in shock and wondering "how am I possibly pregnant?" since like I said, we were well preventing. At the same time, this feels like an act of God, therefore he must have a plan. I am praying for The Lord to provide us with grandparents for our kids. And for my sanity. Some sort of help.

My plan before getting pregnant was to start working at big girl job soon. I am dying to get out of the house, but I just cannot be away from a little one all day. I'm the type who feels guilt over everything.  So that about puts us up to date! Here are some more pics of my babies.  :)




No comments:

Post a Comment