Monday, November 20, 2017

Best Easy Pumpkin Cheescake



Give thanks this year with this super easy rich cheesecake, where the ingredients are pretty much a blender dump. I needed this cheesecake to be short in the prep-time since I did it during my two-year old's nap-time, and I wanted to use the second half of her nap to get a nap in myself. 

I LOVE how it turned out. And all of my little ones were savoring their mouthfuls of yumminess. Be warned that it does need to sit in the fridge for 8 hours or overnight before serving.


Let it be known that Aldi's has this cute cheap springform cake pan right now that I was pretty excited to find! And now onto the cake...

Ingredients: 

3 eggs, room temp
2 8 oz. packages cream-cheese, room temp
1 15 oz. can of pumpkin
3/4 c. granulated truvia sugar
liquid stevia, to taste
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tbsp cinnamon

Directions for the cheesecake filling...

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Fill a 9x13 in. pan with water and put it in the oven while it heats for a bit. A water-bath is in this cheesecake's future. 
Whisk the 3 eggs together and set aside.
Dump the rest of ingredients into the blender (pumpkin first).
Add the eggs. 
Taste the batter and sweeten with liquid stevia in the amount that you like.
Now you have delicious batter to pour into a prepared crust!

Bake the entire cake for 1 1/2 hours. If your oven is hotter than the average, bake at 120 degrees. You don't want it too hot. 

Into the water bath you go.
Directions for the crust... 

Any crust will do, so feel free to use any recipe for it. 
For this part I didn't really write anything down due to simplicity. All I did was throw into a bowl: oat flour, a bit of granulated truvia, sprinkle of salt and lots of cinnamon. I cut in cold butter and a few tbsp of cold water and massaged this all together until I got a thick dough of crust-batter consistency. 

I then picked it up and spread it into my springform cake pan, making it go up the sides just a bit.  

Bake this for 10 minutes to set it. Now it's ready for the batter!




All done and sitting on my stove-top.

Ready to stick into the fridge for a long time!

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment