Saturday, June 16, 2018

Sweet Curry Veggies and Kale - My Power Salad



I make this salad to just keep in the fridge and take it out for an awesome dinner side. It lasts for days which is exactly the kind of salad that this busy mamma needs to have handy, right?

  I got the idea of combining these exact contents from shopping in the deli section of a near-by deli co-op. I had my baby in the cart and I was salivating at the healthy food behind the glass and I thought, "all these wondrous ready-to-eat sides would be great in my own fridge.  Like this amazing looking power salad with roasted veggies..."

 But, just not for $12 per 1/2 pound.

Not even kidding.

For veggies.

$12....


Oh the benefits of being a SAHM. I can make it all myself, and did. Seriously, make this because it tastes like a treat, and it has every texture!


Ingredients:

1/2 big bag of Kale, like the kind from Walmart. pick off all the this stalky bits.
1 C. shredded carrots
4 Green Onion stalks, chopped
1 Red Onion
1 orange Bell Pepper,
1 bag of Broccoli
2 TBSP Goji Berries
1 TBSP chopped Walnuts
1 TBSP Sunflower Seeds
Aldi brand Pumpkin Curry Dressing.
1 tsp. Tumeric
1 tsp. (or small packet of) Stevia.

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 430 degrees and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
2. In a big bowl, mix together the shredded carrots, green onions, berries, nuts, and seeds. Set aside.
3. Chop half of the bell pepper into big one-inch peices and put those on the baking tray for roasting. Dice up the rest of the pepper and put that into the salad bowl.
4. slice about 4 very thin long pieces off the red onion and add them to the salad bowl. Chop the rest of the onion into big one-inch sized pieces and put those onto the baking tray for roasting.
5. Add Broccoli to the baking tray, drizzle with olive oil, add salt, and put into the top rack of the oven for 30 minutes.
6. add the kale, dressing, turmeric, and stevia to the big bowl and toss well.



I promise you'll like my food if this man likes it. He is SO hard to please food-wise. But he did enjoy this salad.

That's Jacksonville behind him. Or Jax as they say. Can we say Jax yet? Are we local and transplanted enough for first name basis?

We're probly not. But soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment