Thursday, July 16, 2015

Thankful Thursday Vol. 3

1.  My husband just got four potential side jobs to go give estimates for. It could total around $10,000.  We could really use the money. So happy about that!

2.  This is a tough one. My mom's house closes on Saturday. She left last year and sold it from quite a distance away...where she now lives in NM.  I only live 20 min away from it. I was born there. My dad died there. I was also homeschooled for 9 years there so I spent more time inside my house than the average kid. I have some great childhood memories there. Tender toddler times with mommy.  Amazing moments with my sisters. Fireside stories with dad. But I also have some really really hard memories there.  So yeah, part of me is happy that it's going.

 I visited yesterday just for closure. It was wierd and difficult.

Another family will move in there on Saturday, with their kids. Wonder who will get my room...what things they'll fix up...  But it's good.  Yknow, this really motivates me even more to move the hell across the country when we are able. Motivated people!

3.  Our neighbors. A neighbor my mother's age has been so kind to me. I took the kids to her house today a quarter mile down the Ol' dirt road. She talked with me about how it's also hard for her to live in the country. We both are city people, while our husbands love the country because they can have their elbow room out here and the freedoms that come with living outside city limits. It was refreshing!

No comments:

Post a Comment