Friday, July 24, 2015

Thankful Thursday, Vol. 4

Er - Friday? Ok it's totally Friday and not Thursday anymore.. but I'm still doing a Thankful Thursday this week.
I'm thankful I'm not perfect ok?

1.  Country. Life. Yesterday morning I was nursing my baby in bed when the dog barked. The neighbor lady had rolled up our dirt driveway on her lawnmower with her 4 yr old grand-daughter asking to take my boys over to her yard. "My damn workers haven't shown up and we're spose to do beets today. Anyway, here's some onions and there's blueberries in that bag. Go on Jayden give her the bag!" Two pints of fat juicy berries. I love it out here. It's growing on me due to the people. I feel more community out here than I did in Burnsville where I was elbow to elbow with people.

2. The Goodwill. I had a TON of bags to take there on Saturday. Of course they give you a 25% off coupon when you donate so I thought what the heck. Oh my gosh I found surprisingly great stuff. The cutest skirt from target with the tags still on, another dress, shoes, and brand new picture frames in their original packaging.
Finally my living room wall doesn't look so hideous and blank. Been wanting to go buy frames for what I had printed but just hadn't gotten around to it.  Now that pictures of our children are up it doesn't look like we broke in and just squat here. So that's cool.

3. My sweet husband. On Tuesday, he told me he had something for me. He came home with a huge pretty mirror that someone was getting rid of at one of his remodeling jobs. It's sage green and Looks like a window with 6 window panes but it's a mirror. Really opens up our kitchen.
I was changing Hadassah's diaper and said "Oh my gosh I LOVE IT!!!" - and behold, her first humungous belly-laugh. I then said that the exact same way 50 more times. At some point in there she just started looking at me like I'm crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment