Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Creamy Coconut Beauty Pops

I'm ready for summer and feeling tropical! So I created these bad-boys. I'm leaving for New Mexico in 3 days where it's going to be so warm and sunshiny and craving summer-time treats lately.


I think what made this so good was the butter extract and the texture of the coconut flakes was divine! 


Though, I also used an ingredient I don't normally add to my coconut water popscicles: coconut whipped cream. Yum!


I'd say this took it to the next level. Here is the recipe :)

1 1/2 C. Coconut water
2 Tbsp unsweetened coconut flakes
1/4 tsp. Coconut extract 
1/4 tsp. Butter extract
1/4 C. Coconut whipped cream
2 Tbsp pyure sweetener
(OR just sweeten to taste)

2 Tbsp collagen or protein powder. This optional.
1/4 tsp glucomannan or xanthum gum

Directions: 
Mix the glucomannan or xanthum gum and collagen in a small bowl and set aside. 
Next throw the rest of the ingredients in a blender, adding in the whipped cream last.
Slowly pour in the dry bowl mix while the blender is on. 
Finally, pour into popsicle molds and freeze.





Did I mention this is sugar and dairy free?. Also gluten free. Pretty much everything free. You're welcome allergen peeps!  :)

If you're feeling in that coconut mood, here is a yummy coconut bread I make.



No comments:

Post a Comment