Thursday, September 14, 2017

Thursday Things


Welcome to Thursday Things! Where I post some pretty sweet stuff that I'm super excited about, and that I think you need in your life.  I can't do this every single Thursday, because country living messes with my consumerism endeavors. But a few times a month you can expect some glorious life-bettering gems riiiiight here in this awesome blog. ;) 

Water Beads




Just $6.99 for an 8 oz bag on Amazon. These actually start off the size of teeny-tiny little beads.  They are great for little kids, especially in the winter.  Really calming and just an amazing sensory activity.  The best part is they are earth-friendly since they are bio-degradable and non-toxic.  

Be warned, they do take like a day to expand fully. I maybe give them 8 hours in water, and I add a few drops of some lavender essential oil. 



I had a place set up on this table for all 3 children .


So I wouldn't leave my two-year old unattended with them, but this was how I discovered that my daughter's fave color is blue. Every-time we do water beads she seperates out just the blue ones. 

We tried a bath with them once...it made for reeeeally tedious clean-up. But putting them in a kiddie pool is perfect. 


This Breastfeeding book to read to your toddler. 






Yep, another amazon prime thing. It's just $8.99 and so adorable. I know, those are pictures of... (gasp) boobs. The scandal!  But guess what - in my home of small children spaced 2 years apart, every person here has seen my rack out on a daily basis during the season of constant nursing sessions.  Nbd.  Let's normalize breastfeeding amiright?





I really got this for my two year old.  Hadassah was weaned at 14 months, so I feel like she doesn't remember what boobs are for. Well she will know now. I read this to her for her naps so it wont be any surprise when I feed her new sister.  When I got to the pic of two bared breasts, she made her happy little sounds of familiarity (doesn't talk yet) and excitedly pointed to my chest. "huuuh! hmmm!" I just told her "yep! those are the baby's bottles!"

What can I say, she def knows what boobs are because I'm usually changing in front of her, and we also like our bath-time together.  My boys couldn't care less, but this cute little book was a huge hit with her. 


Aromatherapy Essential Oil Lotus Diffuser



I just got this little thing off Amazon.com for $16.99 to use in the hospital room for when I give birth. It's an Amazon Prime item so yay! Right? It being my first diffuser, I don't really know what to compare it to, but so far I dig it.


This was a lot smaller than I thought it would be, (like as big as my hand) but its pretty adorable, and now my kitchen smells like lavender.  Cuz I'm not in labor yet. :(



Tangle Teaser Compact Flower Detangling Hairbrush.  


You can buy this for $7.99 at Target.  I use this for my two year old daughter and we love it! Finally an end to mommy's cruel torture!

Up until I found this I had just been using my regular 'ol hairbrush to brush her snarls out. She hated it, and I dreaded the crying - I felt so bad - She would cry as soon as she saw my brush come out.

Now she will actually go into the bathroom drawer, dig around, take out her little round brush and go to town on her own hair....but with flower power.  This little brush made the toddler grooming process so much more pleasant for us both! And its cute!


This random and adorable baby bonnet.


















Got this cutie off of Wish.com.  You know how you can get stuff for $2 on that site? Well that's what happened here. I've been wanting a baby bonnet for my two year old daughter since she was an infant. I know they're old fashioned and I don't care.  I think they're SUPER practical. They basically are just some tie-on shade, with cuteness-factor you could die from. 

I couldn't find any bonnets at the mall or at Target. There are a few on Etsy though. And if you're willing to shell out the big bucks you can find the cutest ones on this adorable website, The Beaufort Bonnet Company.  


That's it for today! 


No comments:

Post a Comment