Sunday, August 17, 2014

Meet The Fam!


We are a growing family with two little boys....

 
My husband Brandon works as an installer at a marble company. He enjoys occasionally  flipping houses, playing his guitar, and making furniture.
He is an amaaaaazing father. :)


We got married two months after we met, and have enjoyed being married for five awesome years. I'll have to write a post on our story sometime....

Here we are in Miami on our 5 yr anniversary

He works a lot and the boys are a hand-full! So We keep things fun with our weekly dates. Notice our backseat...the ah, wine in place of the baby. Super necessary sometimes!

 




Before the boys were born we owned a used furniture boutique/store. We sold couches, tables, antiques, modern stuff, you name it. It was tons of neat to refurbish old furniture and have that artistic outlet. 


    One day we dream of doing it again for the fun!
Our other fave pastime is playing music together (piano and guitar). For a while we were on a worship team when Buckwheat was a baby and that was pretty sweet! But two toddlers and crazy work schedules have a way of not really letting that happen anymore. We do still play, only now it's modified! Brandon's guitars are kept on the wall and he built a high shelf for my keyboard.
Probly our very fave thing to do of all time though, is crashing dancing at weddings. If you're having a wedding in the Minneapolis area just feel free to invite us. We will bring the party.  

 
  Penelope is our Lab-Pit mix that we got 8 days before our first baby was born, lol. Yes, the combo of Nic-U and new puppy was a little intense! My husband bought her for me as a Christmas present because I loooove dogs. In his defense he didn't expect me to go into labor the day after Christmas. Buckwheat wasn't due for 2 months so we thought we'd have time to potty-train her a little. But it's cool. She is the sweetest thing. a behemoth now, but despite the bad rap pit-bulls get she is so gentle and submissive and has tolerated an insane amount of baby-abuse like a saintly martyr.
 
This is me, clueless that I'm about to pop. I should really get packing that bag behind me stat.
 
     And now for some cute kid-pics: These are my babies! Well, toddlers now. I stay home with them, and they fill my life full of double joy with their sweet little boy hearts and sticky dimpled hands.

 
Truly, they filled an empty space in my heart I didn't even know was there. And yes, I do know how trite that sounds but what can I say - it's true!
For security purposes, I will use the nicknames my husband randomly and affectionately bestowed on them. Buckwheat (3) and Skipper (2).

 
These two are busy. nothing makes me happier than to see them shriek and laugh.
 
 
They do this thing I call "swarming" where they sort of form together and move as one from room to room, usually destroying as they go.
 
 
When said "swarming" ensues, they stay within a few feet of each other, and just go. I don't really mind - actually I love it - it means there is no fighting. Here they are wreaking havoc as one.
 
A room that was clean 30 seconds ago.
 My hope is that one day they will grow up to be BFF's. Awww....brothers - they will always have each other.
 
 
They play, they fight. They compete. They are typical siblings. However, these two are different as day and night.
You can meet them individually Here and Here.  
 


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment