Monday, March 21, 2016

Truffle Fudge (Low-fat, Dairy-Free)

Mmmmm... Fudge. Rich chocolaty velvet. Chocolate in general really. This food group makes me feel like I have attained oneness with the universe.



I just made the naughty kind last week and I'm not sorry. Loads of butter, sugar and chocolate. Didn't make me feel super but it tasted divine! So good that I decided I needed fudge in my life every day this week. And yet - I also wanted to be healthy and feel good because I have blood sugar issues. Liiiittle bit of a dichotomy there....



So I created this recipe for a fudge that is extremely low in fat, yet high in protein, and very low glycemic.

 Nothing wrong with plain old fudge once in awhile. And I'm definitely all about the healthy fats in my life, but if you're looking for a healthy alternative or just something dairy/sugar free... this is your fudge!

Ingredients:
 
2 C. Black beans - I PROMISE no one will no they're in there! Unless you tell...
2/3 C. Chopped dates - I was able to slightly detect these, but in a good way.
1/4 C. Cocoa Powder, unsweetened
1/2 Powdered Erythritol (I use Swerve)
2 Tbsp. PB2 (That's powdered defatted peanut flour)
1/4 C Walden Farms Calorie Free Chocolate Syrup (Feel free to sub almond milk)
1 Tbsp. Coconut oil
1 1/2 tsp. Vanilla extract
1/4 tsp. salt
Liquid Stevia to taste

 
 
Directions:
 
1. Using a blender, combine the beans, dates, vanilla, and chocolate syrup. 
 
2. Melt the coconut oil and pour into the blender as it's mixing. Really keep that blender going for about 2 or 3 minutes so everything is pulverized well and the texture is smooth. 
 
3. In a small bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Swerve, cocoa powder, salt, and PB2.
 
4. Using a spatula, pour the wet bean/date mixture into a large bowl and incorporate the dry mix.
 
5. Lastly, add liquid Stevia to taste if you'd like it sweeter. I like to combine this with swerve or coconut sugar so there isn't a bitter aftertaste.
 
6. Throw it in the Fridge or freezer for a few hours!
 
 
Tips:
- If you add almond extract and spread it on toast it's a lot like Nuttella.
- Really good when I put little chunks of this in the freezer.
 

I personally like mine in the freezer. As you can see, this fudge is fully approved by my 11-month old taste-tester while she had her oatmeal. ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment